3/21/12

Mini Pies

I saw some little bite size pies at Starbucks, and thought - well I can make those...

I didn't have a recipe and had to wing it a bit, so I will try and give you as much details as I can so you can try it to! I took the pastry recipe from the Scandinavian pies, rolled it out and cut with a small wine glass. For the filling I diced up about 6 small apples and that was to much - 4 probably would work. I sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon until the apple looked coated, and added 2 tbs of minute tapioca for thickening. 

Once the tops were one (the wine glass was a bit big for this part, but I had nothing else to use) I brushed egg wash on the top and sprinkled with sugar, baked at 350 until they looked cooked ( I forgot to set a time but I think it was about 30-40 minutes)

Next time I want to cut out cute shapes int he top like the Starbucks ones, and try a blueberry filing :)



8 comments:

  1. Yum! I do that too- see something somewhere and don't buy it because I can make it. But I rarely actually do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I am a complete recipe follower - I'm definitely not brave enough to wing it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are darling! I want to try now, the options are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delicious looking. I bet they were yummy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails