3/7/12

Brown Sugar Tarts

I don't know why I am on such a food kick, must be a winter thing! 

I had some tart shells in the freezer, yep... store bought, feel free to judge :), and decided to make up some Brown Sugar Tarts. This is another old family recipe, and it's the one I used for the Winter Warmer's Recipe swap ( you can see Annika's here!)


Recipe:
2 eggs
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 tsp cold water
2 tbsp melted butter
2 packs of small tart shells thawed - or make your own


Beat eggs, sugar, water & vanilla. Add butter. Fill shells 2/3 full and bake at 350degrees for 30 -40 minutes 


Sounds pretty tough eh?

> Jessi

9 comments:

  1. Am so making these, they look marvelous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my days these look amazing! And so simple! yum x

    ReplyDelete
  3. no judgement....prebaked pie shells are good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like something i wanna try.. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa...those look so good they way all of the gooeyness comes running out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tarts look really yummy - I'll bookmark the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought this sounded familiar! :o) Your tarts look so much prettier than the ones I made! Have a lovely weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are killing me today! I gave myself a little pep talk about sugar this morning, but those look soooo good!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails